Alicia Gets The Keys To A Fisker Karma
Recording artist Alicia Keys enjoys a new Fisker Karma for Christmas. The car was given as a present from her husband Kasseem David Dean, better known by his stage name Swizz Beatz.
“Karma” also is the name of a song by Alicia from her second studio album, The Diary of Alicia Keys released in 2004.
Fisker Automotive is a new brand backed by a strong pedigree and a long history in the automotive industry. Co-founders Henrik Fisker and Bernhard Koehler bring more than 53 years of combined experience in the automotive world. Henrik Fisker is responsible for designing such iconic vehicles as the BMW Z8, Aston Martin DB9 and Aston Martin V8 Vantage. He also managed the design team behind the Ford Shelby GR-1 concept car, and penned the Artega GT. Fisker’s “Horizon” logo represents a California sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
All Karma trim levels are powered by Fisker EVer™ (Electric Vehicle extended range) dual mode powertrain consisting of:
– Motors: Two rear-mounted electric traction motors, mid-mounted lithium ion battery pack and front/mid-mounted range-extending gasoline engine/generator set
– Battery: 20 kWh, 180 kW lithium ion w/Nanophosphate™ technology (A123 Systems)
– Range-extending gasoline Engine/Generator set:
– 2.0-liter, 260hp, low-emission, four-cylinder direct fuel-injection w/ turbocharger () and 175 kW generator
– Traction motors: 403 hp (300 kW) total [2 x 201.5 hp (150 kW)]
– Torque: 959 lb.-ft (1300 Nm) @ 0 rpm
– Transmission: Single-ratio gearbox/Limited Slip Differential combination
– On-board battery recharging system w/standard 110v plug (available 220V charging). Solar roof converts radiated power from the sun into stored electric energy, effectively increasing the electric range.